This Body

You are not like me,
Pastor
You talk about Christ to me,
Pastor
About this body
Of Christ
This body
Of believers
This body
That rejects
My body.

You told me,
Pastor
That God became
A body
For me
A body
You told me,
Pastor
That I am a part of
This body
And that means something.

But where is my place
In this body
In this body
If there is no room
For the gifts of my body,
Pastor?
This body
This body
Is broken.

You tell me the gospel
Then demand my silence
And tell me keep quiet

You offer me
Bread and wine
But only if I do not share it

Where is my place
If I cannot speak
If I cannot share
In this body
In this body?

The comfort of lying to myself
Wore off when
You told me I could trust
When you assured me I would find truth in
These verses which
Smothered
Condemned
And killed me.

Spirit, breathe
Into this body
Into this body
Life

Resurrect me
And I will no longer fear being wrong
Because I am looking for Jesus
Whose body was rejected
Condemned
And killed.

And resurrected.

Christ is not where you told me he was, pastor
Christ is not in this tomb
Christ is calling me,
Pastor
Christ
Is calling me pastor.

And this is my body.

Comments

Popular Posts